Get to Know the Warning Signs of an Unsafe Braking System -- and the Professional Brake Service and Repair Center at Sloane Toyota of Malvern
It's clear to any driver that a properly functioning braking system is imperative to the safety of passengers and the well-being of the vehicle. But do you know the signs of failing brakes? Taking your Toyota in for service before your brakes fail or cause damage to other equipment can save you a lot of heartache and money in the long-run. You can get to know the warning signs of an unsafe braking system below:Signs your Car's Braking System Needs to be Inspected and Serviced
- Signs of braking problems can be so faint, you can't hear them over the sound of the radio. If the braking system feels off, turn down the tunes. One indication is a high-pitched squeal when applying the brakes, which comes from a small indicator in your braking system.
- A grinding sound is also a sign that your car's brake pads are worn to a dangerously low thickness and the calipers are grinding against the rotors. Replacing rotors is expensive, and if you don't take care of the brake-pad job promptly, there's a good chance you'll also damage the rotors.
- Inside the wheel spokes, look between the metal caliper and metal rotor for the brake pad. If it's less than roughly one-quarter of an inch thick, the brake pads need to be changed. If you're not sure what you're looking for, have a professional inspect the condition of the brake pads.
- If your vehicle feels like it's pulling to one side while driving or braking, this could indicate a problem with the brakes. It could also come from a tire issue or a suspension problem. Either way, it's imperative that have your vehicle inspected.
- A vibrating brake pedal under normal driving conditions (not during emergency braking with antilock brakes) could be a sign of warped rotors or misaligned wheels. Our professional mechanics can find the exact source of the problem.
- A squishy or even overresponsive brake pedal can indicate a braking-system problem. Obviously, a lack of responsiveness from the brakes is a giant red flag that something is terribly wrong and your vehicle requires immediate servicing.
- While the antilock braking system (ABS) dashboard warning light flashes when the vehicle is started, if it comes on and stays on, this is a system alert. Whether it's glowing amber or red, it's critical that a professional technician diagnoses the source of the problem.
Finding professional brake service and repair in Malvern is easy. Simply schedule service with the certified Toyota service center here at Sloane Toyota of Malvern -- from the comfort of home and the convenience of our website. Our shop serves the entire Devon, West Chester, Exton, Conshohocken and Thorndale area, so you can rest assured that we have the staffing, the parts, and the resources to meet all of your brake service needs.
Be sure to explore our available service coupons for brake service specials. Print any applicable deals and bring them with you at the time of service.
We also encourage you to learn more about the benefits of genuine Toyota factory parts and Toyota brake pads from our team of auto service experts. Only Toyota brake pads are designed to match and even exceed the performance of your Toyota's original parts -- meaning they have the same industry-leading reliability Toyota vehicles are famous for.
If you are in need of immediate assistance and our online service calendar doesn't show any available appointments today, please contact our service advisors at 484-329-7302.